Hand Model’s Guide to 5 Easy Hand Care Tips for Soft Ageless Hands
As a busy hand model, and a mid 40’s mom – with no extra time on my hands – I have had to fine tune a quick and easy hand care routine to keep my hands looking and feeling their best. The steps I take are easy to work into your daily routine.
Hands are our fastest aging body part due to their very delicate skin and the fact that we wash them dozens of times each day. Yet they are often neglected in our beauty routine; leaving them looking older than our faces and bodies – actually aging us!
It’s time to take matters into our own hands! So I’m pleased to share my firsthand knowledge of hand how to’s…
- Wash with a gentle, sulfate free cleanser to nourish hands – rather than harsh soaps or dehydrating anti-bacterials that strip the delicate skin! Also keep dishwashing gloves around for cleaning and messy situations so you can actually avoid further non-essential hand washing. Remember to gently pat dry – do not stretch out the skin.
- Replenish the moisture after you wash your hands. Look for a nutrient-rich cream like HAND PERFECTION Complete Day Cream – which is loaded with skin-friendly fatty acids and antioxidants to nourish the delicate skin of the hands, while helping combat signs of skin aging (lines, wrinkles, age spots). The petroleum-free formula is designed to stay on through multiple washings – without any sticky tackiness. Plus optics technology helps improve the appearance (texture and tone) of hands instantly.
- Take a minute each day to focus on your nails and cuticles, become less reliant on costly manicures, and work on helping your nails look good naked! Apply a gentle nail-specific oil to condition dry, jagged cuticles and nourish and strengthen nails. Gently push back cuticles with a washcloth while you are in the shower – or after you have applied oil to avoid the need to cut. It only takes a minute and makes a HUGE difference.
- Use an overnight hand-specific serum to capitalize on the body’s circadian rhythms to give the skin of your hands an overnight boost while not in use!
- Get in the habit of treating your hands like jewels – not tools. And use the tools to help you – letter openers, scissors, bottle openers all help us avoid hand harm.
Have a hand care question? Just ask in the comments below!